Corning Med-X® Glass
CORNING Med-X® Glass provides high-quality, transparent and safe protective shielding against X-ray radiation for medical, technical, and research applications.
Its high lead and barium content, and wide thickness range, provides optimum shielding against radiation from equipment operating in the 80 to 300 kV range.
Corning Med-X® Glass is supplied as polished plates from 3.5 mm to 20 mm thickness with dimensions up to 2800 x 1400 mm (54 " x 108").
- This allows architects to design viewing windows with a wider field of vision to maximize the observation requirements of the diagnostic operators.
- Smaller sizes can be cut to meet most of customers’ requirements.
- All cut edges are ground and finished with safety chamfers.
Laminating/ double glazing:
Corning Med-X® Glass is suitable for laminating using polyvinyl butyral (PVB) inter-layers and can also be fitted into sealed, double-glazed units for insulation purpose.
Corning Med-X® Glass is compatible with a large range of installations and other viewing applications such as:
• Viewing windows for X-ray, angiography, CT scans
• Screens for medical diagnostics
• Protection windows/ glove boxes in laboratories
• Airport security X-ray screens
• Lenses for safety goggles
First-class distribution network
Corning Med-X® Glass is available worldwide through Corning sales offices and a global network of specialist distributors, many of which hold a comprehensive range of stock, for quick delivery.
ISO standard production
The production of CORNING SAS is strictly controlled and is manufactured in accordance with the Quality Standard ISO 9001, the environmental Standard ISO 14001 and Health & Safety Standard OHSAS 18001.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Refractive Index nd 1.76
Transmission % @ 55nm through 5 mm path ≥85.0
Lead (Pb) 52%
Barium (Ba) 17%
Density (g/cm3) 4.8
Knoop Hardness (kg/mm2) 409
Young's Modulus (GPa) 62.6
Poisson's Ratio 0.26
Coefficient of Thermal Expansion